Vandaag wordt update 1.7 voor The Division uitgerold. De update brengt verschillende nieuwe features met zich mee, die je hieronder kan terugvinden.
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities and new gameplay modifiers. New events will be available regularly and will grant exclusive rewards on completion. Players will be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called feats, commendations are part of a new built-in achievement system that provides players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customization items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain caches by gathering keys in the world, or they can purchase them with premium credits.
- New Gear and Customization Options – New gear includes classified gear sets, new face masks and arm patches. Players will also be able to re-customize their agents for free at the barbershop.
- Survival Improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. And the reward economy has been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
Het eerste Global Event is Outbreak, dat vanaf vandaag tot 22 augustus loopt. Voorts is aangekondigd dat Survival, de twee uitbreiding voor The Division, gratis te spelen zal zijn van 18 tot 20 augustus en dat op pc, PS4 en Xbox One. Het free weekend gaat gepaard met heel wat kortingen ook.